6/02/2010

The Blogger Interviews #8

Meet Wendy from Panache

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1)Why did you start your blog, and what’s the meaning behind the name?
pa·nache (p-nsh, -näsh)
n.
1. Dash; verve.
2. A bunch of feathers or a plume, especially on a helmet.

[French, plume, verve, from Italian pinnacchio, plume, from Late Latin pinnculum, diminutive of Latin pinna, feather, wing; see pet- in Indo-European roots.]

I was just really bored and had heaps of spare time! But I guess I've always liked collecting things, it became a visual diary for me and sort of documents. Looking at older posts ways back, it's funny to see the blog's history and how much it has matured. Halloweentown happened, stringing random thoughts together.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


2)How would you describe your own style?
I think it's always changing but I like mixing girly with something a bit harder. I love rumaging for vintage, oh the thrill of finding something amazing, for next to nothing and I'll only really invest in something that I see myself wearing until it falls apart.

3)Tell me a little bit about the stuff you’ve been working so hard on designing.
Mostly just uni assignments! Its more motivating if you have deadlines and grades to live up to, but I've also been working on a couple of freelance kind of things, swimwear and jewelry with friends.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


4)What inspires you?
rituals, taxi driver wisdom, light, music, art.

5)There’s a big element of mystery to your blog. Do you do it on purpose?
I suppose I don't give much away, it's always exciting letting people interpret their own meanings. I like seeing things through other people's eyes when it's not all mapped out for them.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


6)What are 5 things you couldn’t live without?
food, shelter, water, self satisfaction, social.

7)Where’s your all time favorite place to be?
Either rome, venice or paris.

8)Name a quality you admire in other people and a quality you admire in yourself.
In others, not being awkward and coming out of their shell the first time they meet people and in myself; probably seeing an idea through to the end and really believing in something.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


9)What’s your favorite thing to eat and your favorite place to eat out?
Haha I am in a relationship with food but if i had to eat one thing for the rest of my life it would be sushi at Hanaichi.

10) Name 3 things you’d like to do before you die
live off doing what I love, travel the rest of the world and harbor some deep dark secret.

11)What kinds of music do you listen to?
I like a lot of things, my all time favorite are sonic youth, bauhaus and jesus and mary chain. At the moment I can't get enough of rude boy by rihanna, god, so damn catchy...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


12)Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Hopefully living in London or even Tokyo, working a job that I love or free lancing. Brisbane is great, a place for a creative's 'incubation' period according to a very good friend of mine but the opportunities are abroad!

13)What’s your favorite thing in your wardrobe? Why?
Ellery jacket because it feels like heaven and is the prettiest shade of blush pink or my laser cut deadly ponies bag; serves me very very well, it's such a toughie.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



14)Describe the perfect Saturday.
Waking up late on a rainy day. Video games, movies and lots of cake with my favourite people. Going out, seeing a band, dancing to 90's music at Kaliber (club where mid thirties go wearing bell bottoms and pointed toe heeled boots AHAHA).

Guys, if you haven't figured it out already her blog is sickkk so be sure to check it out here!

3 comments:

  1. I love Wendy so much! Great interview!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the interview! :)
    these photogprahs are gorgeous too

    www.romance-is-boring.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her blog, love another brisbane blog getting known!

    Cheers,
    Madeleine Louise
    www.wekilledcouture.com

    ReplyDelete