9/08/2011

electric

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm not sure how big of news it was outside of San Diego county, but for the last 9 hours I've been living without electricity in a citywide blackout that went down in San Diego this afternoon. I didn't really think about it when the fan I was using to escape the heat just kind of turned off, but when I went to download another episode of Breaking Bad and the internet was gone I knew something was up. It ended up being really fun, I made friends and had beers with my neighbors, lit some fireworks, and chatted by candlelight, something I don't do often enough. Just got power back and of course I'm taking full advantage of it, but to be honest, it was nice to have a break for a while..

(phfgr)

3 comments:

  1. We tend to isolate ourselves, because watching tv or searchin' in the web is kind of a lonely activity. I usually go to the countryside in order to have a break just like that, it makes me enjoy the simple things in life. I love the last picture, such a warm colour palette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous post it reminds me or horseback riding
    www.rawfashionmagazine.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice post - truly inspiring!

    love
    http://fashiono2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete