10/08/2009

anOther kirsten

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I've been feeling a little weird about the whole blogging world recently, what with rumi and camille and zana all attending shows because of theirs, and the sudden increase of media attention on this kind of self-indulgent hobby. Ever since I got back to school I've been doing absolutely NO luxury magazine or book reading, I'm instead reading textbooks, bills, and DMV documents. It leaves me feeling uninspired because I don't have much to draw from, you know? When I'm immersing myself in this gorgeous world of fashion I'm like a never-ending spout for things to post on this blog but if you've recently been feeling, like I have, a little underwhelmed, I promise you I am going to get back in the swing of things! I think I need to read a good book and get my mind away from the world of textbooks and car payments. Can someone recommend me something with some whimsy or life? It's time to curl up with a good book.

(photo, Kirsten Dunst for AnOther Magazine, unknown)

5 comments:

  1. I feel the exact same way. I missed all of my daily bloggers blogging about the things that has made them popular. :/ It's strange to see that once you pull yourself away from that norm, its getting harder and harder to come down to what you were used to doing. And with all the Fashion Week photos that are being put up, frankly I'm not surprised why their pages are filled more with that stuff than of their own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Night Train to Lisbon - Pascal Mercier
    Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
    Special Topics in Calamity Physics - Marisha Pessl

    All excellent books..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I really like your blog, so please don;t become disenchanted! I know my blog is also a bit different, in that I stick to outfits mostly, no runway yet (everyone cover that anyway), and not always on trend (won't catch me dead in ripped, dirty polyester leggings!)... But we need variety so stay on!

    For books, it depends on what you've read/like.

    For fantasy, to exit this world, Here There Be Dragons was fun (even if it's kind of for kids)
    To get back in touch with your bohemian side, Wandering by Hermann Hesse. I heard amazing things about Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters!


    http://honeynettles.blogspot.com/

    Sole

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blog is awesome girl. don't give up. i always look forward to your lovely posts.

    x

    www.tittees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're doing just lovely!! whenever i have a cloudy day, your blog inspires and cheers me up so~

    oh and "geek love" by katherine dunn is crazy and amazing!!! it's sure to get images going.

    ReplyDelete